Saturday, January 28, 2012

A letter to my friend..

Dear friend,

You have been on my mind and placed on my heart. I see you struggling, hurting, angry and sad. You hide it all very well, but I can see you. Something is terribly wrong isn't it. It's been wrong for a very long time.. Probably as far back as you can remember. There is a piece missing and you just can't find it and don't know where to look. You have tried so hard to fill that empty space inside you. You've tried this thing or that, this person or that person, this thought, that thought... Sometimes you think, "this is finally it, I've found what I'm looking for!". Only to see it/they were not the missing piece after all. Are you tired yet? Have you given up looking and just settled on the idea you will never find that missing piece from inside of you? Have you told yourself there is nothing missing after all, and life is just hard and miserable and you need to get over it? Are you tired yet? Perhaps you've placed the blame for the missing piece on someone else? If only they hadn't done this thing to you, you would have found your missing piece. Do you think they know what it is if you don't. Do you think they might be missing the same piece you are? Do you feel you are the only one who is incomplete? Somehow you are the winner of the cosmic short stick, and the only incomplete person on earth? Are you tired yet?

Do you finally want to get real with yourself and deal with this, or would you rather accept an existence of seeking but never finding? I have heard the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. How has that been going for you? Are you tired yet?

Please consider this. What if you are not just a cosmic accident, a biological blob with no purpose or reason for existence other than filling space? What if the stories are true and you were created on purpose, created in love and for love by God? What if you were created to be in relationship with that God, and the missing piece you have been looking for is Him? What if the most historically accurate document in existence (the Bible) is true? What if there is a being (Satan) whose sole purpose is to keep you in this futile search for what is missing in your life, chasing everything under the sun to fill you up and keep you from finding the truth? What if the same God who created you, loves you and pursues you is the piece you have been missing all along?

He was for me.. Are you tired yet?

Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Seek Him. Find Him. Let Him fill in the blanks..

Your friend,

Chris

3 comments: